Outsource printing is when all printing, document management and even mail distribution is handled and managed by a third-party company.
There are multiple benefits to outsourcing your printing and handing it over to trustworthy professionals from start to finish. Print management takes the full printing process off your hands and provides you with an all-inclusive service covering consultancy, production and distribution. When marketing and print expertise are combined, the better the results are in efficient and targeted on-brand messaging with high resolution graphics, logos and written copy. Many companies are finding that outsourcing their printing operations has helped them become considerably more economical in saving time and reducing costs whilst also improving their productivity.
Here are the pros and cons to consider before outsourcing your printing to a third-party specialist.
Pros of Outsourcing Your Printing
- Reduced Costs – Mailing house equipment and marketing materials are often expensive. Outsourcing your printing means you are only paying for exactly what you need when you need it instead of investing in a host of print machinery, repair costs, ink and not to mention the cost of paper and materials. It is known that the average office worker wastes up to 6,800 sheets of paper, or around £27, each year. Multiply that with the number of people you have employed and the number starts to build up quickly.
- Saves Time- The saying ‘Time is money’ has never been more true, especially in today’s climate. Your businesses productivity is always at its best when staff are able to focus on their core roles rather than spending time managing printing collateral. Hiring a third party to manage your print creation, distribution and tracking will save you a lot of time as well as having access to streamlined specialist logistics systems where you can monitor the statuses of all of your printing.
- Provides Options- Choosing to outsource your printing not only gives you access to an abundance of marketing expertise and high quality print but also a range of printing types and machinery to adhere to all of your printing needs. At Snapmail we offer a variety of specialised printing including laser printing, inkjet, colour digital, mono digital, variable data and personalisation print specs.
- Data Cleansing and Enhancement- Customer’s personal data can often be out of date. A mailing house has systems in place to ensure data is constantly cleansed as well as preventing wasteful duplicates and mailings being sent to outdated addresses or addresses with errors.
Cons of Outsourcing Your Printing
Whilst there are many pros to outsourcing your printing, there are still some issues to consider before making your decision.
- Budget- Printing costs are sensitive for any business, especially for those who regularly produce large print specs on a daily basis. Choosing to outsource your printing may come with initial higher up-front costs but is a much cheaper option in the long run, so it is important to make the best decision for your business so you can stay ahead of your costs.
- Managing Deadlines- Will the chosen outsource third-party be able to meet your deadlines in time? And what will happen if deadlines are missed? Communication between you and the chosen third-party is vital in ensuring your business deadlines are met.
Which is Right for Your Business?
As you can see, there are many benefits to using a third-party to manage your printing. Ultimately, businesses can control their printing services through a single, expert point-of-contact reducing time and money spent rather than managing and coordinating your printing in-house.
If you would like to discuss outsourcing your printing with us or would like any advice, contact us today for a free no obligation quotation. For more information, please use our contact form or call us on 020 8492 5858 and one of our mailing specialists will be in touch soon.